FOOD DISTRIBUTION HOURS HAVE TEMPORARILY CHANGED
Dear Food Bank Members:
Please make note that our days and hours are temporarily changing.
We will be distributing food through our curbside pick-up on:
Wednesdays 10:00am – 3:00pm
Saturdays 10am – 2pm
Estimados miembros del Banco de Alimentos: Por favor tome nota de que nuestros días y horas están cambiando temporalmente. Vamos a distribuir alimentos a través de nuestra recogida en la acera en:
Miércoles 10:00am – 3:00pm
Sábados 10am – 2pm
What to expect during Emergency Protocols:
The Health & safety of all of our members, volunteers, & staff is something we take very seriously. On Behalf of the Stanwood Camano Food Bank, the following Emergency Policies have been implemented for distribution :
- Our facility will be closed to the public.
- We will ask you to park in the church parking lot
- We will have someone at the member door that will give you a number – return to your car after receiving.
- We will hold up a sign, i.e. 1-10. If you fit within those numbers come up to check in. We will ask for your cell phone, your name, # in your family, if you want produce, dairy, meat & deli – return to your car after checking in.
- We have prepacked boxes that we will wheel outside once the fresh food has been added to them.
- We will then call you when your groceries are ready to be picked up.
- We will stand back 6’ – You will need to get out of your car, put your own groceries into your car
Qué esperar durante los Protocolos de Emergencia: La Salud y la seguridad de todos nuestros miembros, voluntarios y personal es algo que nos tomamos muy en serio. En nombre del Banco de Alimentos Stanwood Camano, se han implementado las siguientes Políticas de Emergencia para su distribución :
- Nuestras instalaciones estarán cerradas al público.
- Le pediremos que estacione en el estacionamiento de la iglesia Tendremos a alguien en la puerta del miembro que le dará un número – volver a su coche después de recibir.
- Vamos a sostener un cartel, es decir, 1-10.
- Si encajas dentro de esos números ven a registrarte.
- Le pediremos su teléfono celular, su nombre, en su familia, si desea productos, lácteos, carne y delicatessen – volver a su coche después de hacer el check-in.
- Tenemos cajas preenvasadas que saldremos al aire libre una vez que se les haya añadido la comida fresca.
- Luego le llamaremos cuando sus comestibles estén listos para ser recogidos. Nos pararemos 6′ – Usted tendrá que salir de su coche, poner sus propios comestibles en su coche
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE SERVICES
BASIC FOOD ASSISTANCE
Hours of Services are:
Wednesday 10AM – 3PM
Saturday 10AM – 2PM
The Stanwood Camano Food Bank provides a wide variety of foods including basic staples and canned foods, as well as fresh produce, dairy products, meat, bread, baby food and diapers when available. We do not need proof of address or ID’s for new clients. We will ask where you live, the names and the birthdays of everyone in your family or household. Everyone is welcome and safe here.
Stanwood Camano Rotary Foundation with matching funds provided by Rotary District 5050
Your donation will ensure that kids in need living in the Lost Lake, Lake Ketchum, Elger Bay, Cedar Home, and other areas around our community have food this weekend and every weekend to come. The gift will be used to put food in the packs of the children receiving food through the HOPE Meals for Kids Backpack Program (KidzEat curing COVID-19). Thank you for the generous donation!
H.O.P.E. BACKPACK PROGRAM
Currently, the Stanwood Camano Food Bank is feeding 250 kids per weekend from our community. Thanks to generous grants, donations, and volunteer hours we have been able to keep up with the ever increasing demand.
The H.O.P.E. Backpack Program runs 52 weeks out of the year. We distribute weekend food packs each Friday to kids in need. The packs include 2 breakfast items, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, & snacks. We have unique feature to our backpack program called a “Fresh Pack”. The “Fresh Pack” includes fresh produce and dairy that must be refrigerated. Packs are distributed right from your child’s school, however parents can opt to pick the packs up at the Stanwood Camano Food Bank. If you feel your child is in need, applications for participation in the H.O.P.E. Backpack Program are available at the child’s school or at the food bank. Home-schooled children are also eligible.
Every child in the Stanwood Camano School District is eligible for a weekend pack, whether or not they are school age. For more information please contact our Children’s Program Coordinator, Tracy, at (360) 926-8573 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to donate to the H.O.P.E. Backpack Program, please click on the DONATE link at the top of the screen. We appreciate all of our donors contributions.
Why childhood hunger is important?
- Children who struggle with hunger are sick more often, recover more slowly, and are more likely to be hospitalized.
- They are more likely to experience headaches, stomachaches, colds, ear infections and fatigue.
- Children who face hunger are more susceptible to obesity and its harmful health consequences as children and as adults.
- Undernourished children cannot learn as much, as fast, or as well.
- Lack of enough nutritious food impairs a child’s ability to concentrate and perform well in school.
- Children who regularly do not get enough nutritious food to eat have significantly higher levels of behavioral, emotional, and academic problems and can become more aggressive and anxious.
- Children who regularly do not get enough to eat are more likely to have difficulty getting along with other children.
Supplemental nutrition programs make a positive impact on a child’s well-being and academic goals. With help from participating schools, Stanwood Camano Food Bank is putting good solutions to work.
H.O.P.E. BACKPACK PROGRAM
The HOPE Weekend Backpack Program ensures any child in the Stanwood Camano School District who is hungry will receive a bag of healthy food, consisting of 3 dinners, 2 lunches, 2 breakfasts, snacks and beverages to eat over the weekend. In addition, any kiddo who is on the Free/Reduced school meal program, regardless of family income, is eligible to take home food. Contact your local school or the Food Bank for more information.
SUMMER MEALS FOR KIDS
During the summer break there will are three locations to choose from to pick-up a weekly Stanwood Camano Food Bank H.O.P.E. Backpack Program bag(s). Each bag will consist of 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 3 dinners, drinks, snacks and fresh produce.
For those who might not otherwise be able to celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas with a special meal, the Stanwood Camano Food Bank can
provide the fixings for a traditional meal for the family during the holidays.
To shop our holiday market you must be registered at the Food Bank. If you’re not already registered please preregister by
filling in sign up to receive services shown above, or stop in to register Wednesday 10am – 3pm or Saturday 10am – 2pm.
Thanksgiving Market Saturday, Nov. 21th, 2020 9am – 2pm. For those with mobility issues, there’s a special Friday Thanksgiving Market day Nov. 20th, 2020, by appointment only, starting at 2:30 PM. Sign up at the client desk in November 2020.
We will be CLOSED FRIDAY NOVEMBER 27TH & SATURDAY NOVEMBER 28TH.
Holiday Market Saturday December 19th, 2020 9am – 2pm
Our Holiday Market will be open on Saturday December 19th from 9am – 2pm. This is a special holiday market day, where members will get all the yummy fixings to make their Christmas dinner at home.
If you need extra assistance due to being mobility challenged, or have kiddos with you that will require extra help, we have appointments available on December 18th, 2020, starting at 2:30pm, by appointment only. Please call (360)629-2789 or stop in to schedule an appointment.
- November 26th, 2020
- November 27th, 2020
- November 28th, 2020
- December 24th, 2020
- December 25th, 2020
- December 26th, 2020
- January 1st, 2021